General Discusion

Coordinator
Jun 9, 2009 at 11:12 AM

Here you can share general thouths about SBar :)

Jun 24, 2009 at 6:21 PM
Edited Jun 24, 2009 at 6:23 PM

How do i compile the code on Vista ?? I need what do i need , dependency.

I have express edition visual studio c++ 2008. Which libraries /SDK would i need. whats the languague used in the project

Coordinator
Jun 25, 2009 at 5:05 AM

you need visual c# express 2008 and net framework 3.5 sp1. that is all you need to compile. Please remember that code is free BUT no derivative works or coomersial usage is not allowed ;)

p.s also you need Skepe4com library

Jun 25, 2009 at 5:52 AM
Edited Jun 25, 2009 at 12:39 PM

1) My taskbar is on top, so I don’t see any thumbnails. if taskbar is moved down, then thumbnails r visible.

2) I would like the SBAR to be auto hide when the taskbar auto hides.

3)The thumbnail resize options does not work .

I am using Vista and the latest build of sbar.  

Coordinator
Jun 25, 2009 at 6:13 AM

1) My taskbar is on top, so I don’t see any thumbnails. if taskbar is moved down, then thumbnails r visible. - You can change the position of the thumbnail by using skin.ini that resides in your skin folder ([TASKBARPREVIEW] section Yallignment)

2) I would like the SBAR to be auto hide when the taskbar auto hides. - that feauture will be implemented in some of next bulds

3)The thumbnail resize options does not work . - it surely works i dont know where is the problem in your installation What exactly is the problem when you set rezise option from opyions screen?

Coordinator
Jun 25, 2009 at 6:14 AM

btw i need a c++ person for my future plans for Sbar.....if you want help and have free time tell me ;)

Jun 25, 2009 at 6:28 AM
Edited Jun 26, 2009 at 8:32 AM

One more thing, when we pin, I would like to have the option to c the title around the pinned object… instead of the title disappearing.

Coordinator
Jun 25, 2009 at 6:32 AM

3)  the thumbnails does increase in size.. but the blue color increases and not the actual view of the page. -  well that happend becase thumnail need resfresh after changing size. if you change the size and after that resotre the programs to not minimized state it will refresh teh size of thumbnails! Ofcource its possible to have a glitch with them since i mainly test on XP and just weekends when i am home test on Vista!

Well my plan is to add a namespace extension to Vista and XP that  adds similar functionality like Windows 7 libraries and some context and property sheet pages! Since writing shell extensions is not recommended to be done in .NET i need a c++ programmer.

Yes i understnd you are busy person so when you have free time is OK! Just i need to know do i can really rely on that you will work on that task ;)

Coordinator
Jun 25, 2009 at 6:33 AM

Please download SBar 1.030 alpha. Its the lates version!

Coordinator
Jun 25, 2009 at 6:35 AM

One more thing, when we pin, I would like to have the option to c the title around the pinned object… instead of the title disappearing -  plese more explain that! I little dont get your meaning!

Jun 25, 2009 at 6:49 AM
Edited Jun 26, 2009 at 8:33 AM

See the difference between the pinned explorer and the other opened items ??

I would prefer the pinned explorer to have similar apperance as the other s too .

Coordinator
Jun 25, 2009 at 6:53 AM

Well i think i will need a screenshot sample! cause on my PC pinned items just dont have background (only icon) i want to see what is in your PC and you know a picture is better that a 1000 words ;)

Coordinator
Jun 25, 2009 at 6:58 AM

Well i guess you was never use Windows 7 ;)

I mean into the windows explorer i want to add a virtual folders that act as a normal folders but to combine items from several selected folders that user cha decide.

Look that article http://arstechnica.com/microsoft/news/2008/10/arspdc-windows-7-libraries-under-the-microscope.ars It explains about Libraries in windows 7! i want similar functionality for VIsta and XP! Its very conveniant thing! Also i want to item in the folder and files rightclick menu that i can use to pin items in taskbar or in jumlists!

P.s what kind of thing you usual programm? (ofcource if you dont mind telling me)

Jun 25, 2009 at 6:59 AM
Edited Jun 26, 2009 at 8:34 AM

I have send u the screenshot already.

Coordinator
Jun 25, 2009 at 7:05 AM

I was send mail to your GMAIL address! Please reply me with the screenshot casue i cant get screenshot or attachments in here! Thanks!

Jun 25, 2009 at 7:09 AM
Edited Jun 26, 2009 at 8:35 AM

I mean into the windows explorer i want to add a virtual folders that act as a normal folders but to combine items from several selected folders that user cha decide.

Coordinator
Jun 25, 2009 at 7:09 AM

OK! Take your time! :)

Jul 9, 2009 at 6:15 PM

Is there any way to change icon preview of programs?

Coordinator
Jul 13, 2009 at 6:29 AM

what you mean with "change icon preview"?

Jul 13, 2009 at 6:08 PM

I mean change icon of the program in Sbar.

Jul 18, 2009 at 5:17 PM

Sbar is just a fantastic software. I will definately be putting any plans to upgrade to windows seven on ice cos having tried the RC version of 7, the only thing which i find an improvement on my vista is the taskbar. We wait to see just how SBar develops hopefully it will get better and better with subsequent builds and eventually become a compitent superbar emulator for vista and xp.

Great work DimitarCC...keep it up and don't give up on SBar yet ....it can become something really special

Jul 19, 2009 at 5:55 AM

Any news version to be release with support for XP SP2???? Your alpha 1025 build works fine on it!!!!1

Coordinator
Jul 23, 2009 at 1:46 PM

Next version will be working with SP2

Jul 24, 2009 at 7:17 PM

Thanks man... these are really great news. Can't wait for it! Hope it gets released before i will install Windows 7 RTM. :D

Jul 31, 2009 at 5:44 AM

Just in case you want to know: Sbar Build 1050 is working just fine on my XP SP2 x86 machine. Great job DimitarCC. ;)

Coordinator
Jul 31, 2009 at 7:29 AM

Good news! :)

Jul 31, 2009 at 1:01 PM
Edited Aug 13, 2009 at 3:39 PM

Dimitar I just want to alert you to some issues I'm having.  A problem with pinned items: when I open a new instance of an app I have pinned there is no taksbar button(frame) until i hover over the item. Also I get error when trying to load SBar on startup sometimes. 

I just wanted to add with respect to the problem with pinned items, it seems to happen if u have more than 4 items pinned...if less then it works as it should. Ps: Drag and Drop does not seem to work anymore either with the recent version.

Dec 3, 2009 at 10:54 PM
Edited Dec 3, 2009 at 11:19 PM

Please make it more universal:

1. Ability to change icon size manually

Many of Xp/Vista users loves the new taskbar, but still wants to save small taskbar size with small icons or just classic scheme.

Take a look at the screen http://i073.radikal.ru/0912/63/42ee2d6f7f69.jpg

2. Ability to show default (non-skinned) context ("commands") menu.

It works faster (in opposite to skinned menu), looking nice for non-Aero theme users

3. Ability to remove "show desktop" button (right from tray)

I saw many requests like "how to do it in Windows 7", moreover, it looks ugly in many of non-Aero themes

4. Ability to remove tray icon.

Many users hates tray icon when they want application to look as a part of the system.

The app's settings can be succesfully runned from start menu/or hotkey.

5. Pinning for Windows Explorer change:

When you want to add for example "My computer" or other folder, it still pins "My documents" with turning on "folder" navigation view (many ppl just turning it off).

http://s51.radikal.ru/i134/0912/0f/2c1e9f913313.gif